Tuesday 16 February 2016

I often stared into empty spaces
searching for some piece of art
trying to listen 
to what the dreaded silences spoke
I'm guilty of laughing half heartedly
while my mind wandered elsewhere
Waiting for someone 
to invade me with their deepest secrets
I've traced journeys
from the unbecoming to becoming
I've watched their eyes and tongues
tell different stories
I've witnessed the broken
and the healed
and I've witnessed the strength in their recovery
I could walk you through the wilderness
in the blinding city lights of the empty street
I could pick words out of your sealed lips
and hear your heart race from a distance
I could pen your thoughts down
as I run my fingers through your hair
So I'm afraid the ordinary doesn't amuse me
I can't fill the empty spaces between your fingers
but I will fill the gaps in your soul
I will leave you whole
without so much as a crack in me
Then I will let you watch me
waltz my way back home
But your heart will ache
because you'll see a piece of paradise walk away.




No comments:

Post a Comment