Thursday 18 February 2016

What exactly comprises of your support system?
This has a very simple answer for most people, people who'll be there for you no matter what. Going by this definition, we really really limit our support system and make it fairly impractical.
It cannot always be possible for someone to be available for you every time you need them, and that shouldn't make you write them off as a part of your support system.
You know it's really easy to let all the madness and negativity get to you and that happens to me all the time. I experience about 13 mini nervous breakdowns everyday if one thing in my life is out of place because I crave for peace and stability in general as much as I crave for excitement in my everyday life. 
Lately thanks to all the emotional turmoil, I have been experiencing those obviously (:P). I have fits of rage, and sorrow and then I'm happy jumpy and excited and I can't even tell what I'll be like the next minute. 
So coming back to the support system, this phase has really helped me realize,  I don't think I let many people in and really pour my heart out to them very much. I find it very hard to be honest with other people about my feelings which make me feel weak, but the good thing is at least I admit these to myself.
So your support system may not be people who you call your shoulder to cry on exactly. They are just people whose existence in your life gives you comfort irrespective of all else. Seeing them happy makes you ridiculously happy, as if something great actually happened to you, and maybe, without even trying to be there for you, they're just there for you then. Because your real support system? As far as they are concerned, it doesn't matter what they're doing for YOU. That confidence is unspoken, and it doesn't need any validation. They will not always give you what you want, or tell you things you want to hear, but they will just be themselves, and do what they do, and they fix you. It could be there stupid jokes, or even their indifference sometimes, and all the things that would normally offend you, wouldn't, with them. And this is the most understated form of love, I guess. 
I think I frequently forget how unbelievably lucky I am to have people around who will make me laugh without a care in the world. Because sometimes you need just that, you just want to laugh, and forget and be okay. And when you do, you'll realize, nothing in life will ever make you feel as free!


No comments:

Post a Comment